Saturday, June 5, 2010

Finding my Way


I just can't walk out our front door and walk.

Blah. Boring. I have to go somewhere. See something. Explore.

Thanks to some friends of mine at work, I found my way. ("My way is the only way," as the Queen of Hearts would say.)

We begin training for our mini-marathon (walking) in 8 days. Now we are exploring our own routes in Muncie and easily mapping the mileage. Try out www.livestrong.com to create your own walking paths. Click on "loops," register, and then start mapping out your way to losing weight and/or getting in shape.

In other news...we came across a new recipe that we love.

Korean-Style Flank Steak

1 (1 1/2 pound) flank steak, trimmed
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon water
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced

Combine first 9 ingredients in a large Ziplock bag. Seal and marinate for 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.

Grill steak, using excess juices to marinate. When cooked, cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment